The International Development Services (IDS) are governed by the board of the Salvation Army Netherlands Church (Kerkgenootschap Leger des Heils), which uses the one-tired model of a Board of Directors. The Territorial Commander of the Salvation Army Netherlands Territory is the executive director of the Church. Daily leadership responsibilities rest with the Director of the International Development Services.
The Salvation Army Netherlands Territory adheres to the following governance codes:
• Health Sector Governance Code (2010);
• Regulations of the Central Bureau for Fundraising (version 19, issued in 2013);
• Regulation for Financial Reserves for Charities (Commissie Herkströter, 2003);
• Good Governance Code for Charities (Code Wijffels, 2005);
• UN Principles for Responsible Investment (2012).